How To Get Thousands Visits to Your Blog In The First Month
Many bloggers are struggling to get their first thousand visitor to their blog. However, these tips will help them to achieve more than that!
Write Long and Thorough Posts.
SEO experts research result about which blog posts are more likely to linked shows that the posts should:
- Have length between 2700 – 3000 words.
- Added extra visual contents like videos and images which increase attraction more than 6 times than a plain text posts.
So, the first strategy you sould take into consideration is maintaining a good experience in reading your long length post by focusing on readability.
- set the font size at 16px as most of browsers are made for that so it will appears similar size to average paper books.
- Set the line height is 24px so there will be enough space.
- Use best designed font for computer screens: Georgia.
- Create a new paragraph every 4-5 lines and empty line between paragraph.
- Create a lot of sub headlines.
Distribute Your Content
No matter how perfect your content is, there is now that thay can be reached without a good distribution. People will never find your content only by accident or from the SERP if it is a new site.
- Social Sharing
There is a term in online content marketing called ‘Hierarchy of Contagiousness’ which is:
- Your content must be exposed to people to have a change your content to be spread. It could be your follower on twitter, Facebook, or your email lists.
- The person must become aware to your particular content before they re share it. They have to read your tweet or open your email.
- They must be motivated by something in your content to have the will to share it.
You must follow these steps to make sure your content goes viral.
What You Can Apply:
- If you don’t have a huge followers on twitter, you need additional channels to expose your content. In addition of sharing in your personal social media account, you can also submit your posts to Reddit, StumbleUpon, or Hacker News. There are a lot of influencer stand by in those websites ready to spread your word to their followers.
- Some people who see your posts will read them because of its quality and they voted it, and at the end the content will kept spreading.
- Make sure that you create a high quality content to be shared.
Meanwhile, don’t forget to turn your visitor into subscribers — You can use social media sharing buttons or invite the readers to follow your twitter and your mailing list.
Content is still the king and always be! Put your effort to write thorough posts and the reader will appreciate what you have done. I know it will be difficult to write 8 hours of time composing a good article, but the secret is to do the things that others are not willing to do. Most bloggers write an 300 – 500 words of articles, that’s good for them and you know it is also good for you if you know what I mean.
2. Mention names in your writings
Why you should do this? Because:
- Everybody love to hear their own name mentioned by someone else.
- Entrepreneurs, bloggers and tweeters rise their ego when their name are mentioned.
There is a story about a newspaper company that can survive in this digital era while others are collapse. Their key is to mentions names in their products (not only in the articles, but also in social media) all the time. It happened because peopla want to find their name or their relatives names appear in the newspaper so they keep buying it.
Make sure you are naming names in your articles, I mean not only one, but as many as possible as long it is make sense and redable. Then tell them that you are mentioning them in your blog. Hopefully they will mention your blog in their tweet or their blog, or at least they will following your blog or your social media accounts.